Saturday, December 12, 2015

Where Am I?

In regards to writing, I don't know if there's a category for where I'm at. 

Despite 465 pages, I didn't officially finish draft one, yet I'm done writing it.

I read it over in one fowl sweep, which was a roller coaster for sure. I came away deciding there's not much to salvage there (ouch!).


  I'm oddly determined nonetheless.

I've gotten busy with Christmas rush now, but in the back of my mind, there's a weak drizzle of brainstorming happening. I'm doing all I can to feed that weak storm, because I hope to have my new plan and outline ready by Jan 1st to start a complete rewrite.

As overwhelming as that is, I'm actually excited about all that I'm learning about writing active prose, the emotional character arc, staying in deep in POV, and so much more. 


Basically, I didn't get anything right in my first draft, in character, writing or plot, and realized it all needs to be redone and I'm still enthusiastic. 

I must be brain whacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment