Thursday, December 31, 2015

One Writer's Resolutions


First of all, Happy New Year, Auld Lang Syne (whatever that means) and all that. 


I almost can't believe it, but 2015 saw my first draft finished-ish! 


Never mind the "ish" part and the fact that it's crummier than our bowl of leftover Christmas cookies--I'm raising a toast to the 465 pages I wrote in under three months! 


The big question?

now

wut.

 

 I had plans to start a complete rewrite on the 1st, but after spending my Christmas break working on plot issues and new outline, I've determined I'm not ready to return to that crumb bowl just yet. 


Right now, my strongest desire is both broader and vaguer (vaguer? more vague?):

I want to improve my writing.


I've come up with ideas and made my News Years resolutions (or rustytutions as Tigger calls them)  
based on those ideas.
  • Write a scene a day, where both character and writing are (verymuchso) active. 
  • Portray unique, different characters each time.  
  • Write for an hour a day (fifteen minute chunks)
  • Keep up two thousand words a day (five hundred words in fifteen minutes).
  • Look for an online writing coach (yes, I'm ready to spend money on this 'hobby').
  • Keep up a daily longhand journal for recording scenes or funnies that happen in daily life, but write them in my own storyified, writerly, glory.

That's it!


And yes, all my resolutions are writerly focused. 

Why?
Do you think they should be anything else?
;)



Follow me on facebook to see how long these goals last. 

Happy New Year!
Drink one for writerly goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment