Thursday, May 29, 2014

Welcome, and About Me, and yaddi yaddi yah....


Hey Gurls...

Welcome to WeImaginate!



 Having a brand new blog is pretty simultaneously exciting and overwhelming. I'm no newb to the blogging world, (I've been blogging here and there since 2008 about my family's homesteading lifestyle). But anytime a writer shares their words, there's a bit of an anxious flutter that happens deep in the writer's belly about how their stories will be received into a new reader's head.

But I'm really excited, really! :D

This is a 'just for fun' kinda blog, (I'm not even going to bother with spalling--haha!)

I'm going to be sharing fun snippets of my writings, short stories, maybe even novellas in chapter lengths for your feedback and enjoyment, as well some general writing geekery and tricks that work for me, character and story inspiration, theme music, book reviews/recommendations, etc. as well as writing challenges that will be super fun and we all can participate in! 

I think this could develop into a really fun brainstorming family were we support and enjoy each others imaginations!

Now for a quick 'who am I'...

Gah, I hate these....

Tell you what, I'll do a quick 'who am I' if you do a quick 'who are you' in the comments. Deal? ;)

Okay, here goes:
I am a very mature young adult who loves dragons and believes in fairies. I'm a big sister to 7 siblings, which means I've told a lot of bedtime stories. I finally started writing when I wanted to read what I'd written. It was horrible. Enough-so that I almost gave up. Then my younger sister started writing and her stories were blooming brilliant! I helped her come up with one of her plots one time, and it was so much fun to work my imagination that hard and come up with something unique and watch it come to life under her perfect writing. Then I came up with another plot I wanted her to write and she refused me (gasp!). After grumbling for a few weeks, and having my imagination prick me relentlessly, I finally sat down to a blank screen and started typing. Four years later, I completely stunned myself by finishing my first 800pg manuscript! Needless to say, it was totally rubbish, but who cares! 800 pages, I mean come on!
Since then, I've written two more manuscripts (also rubbish) and am working on my 4th, (hopefully a little less rubbish than the rest) as well as tons of shorts, and bits and blurbs of stories. I've also learned and am learning so much about writing and brainstorming--it's a fun journey!

I don't write because I aspire to become a published author (though, not gonna lie, that would be "TOTALLY WICKED!!!" to quote that kid from The Incredibles). I write because my imagination won't let me quit. And because I want to read what I wrote and share what I've written.

So there you are.


Your turn! :)
 I'd love to know who you are and what your favorite books are, as well as your creative/imaginative projects. Please hang around, connect with me on fb, and don't remain in the shadows!


Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment